The Miss Fiesta Beauty Pageant of Sacramento is a fund raiser for the Annual Filipino Fiesta celebration which is held every 1st Sunday of June each year. The coronation of the Miss Fiesta Filipina and Mr. Fiesta Filipino is usually held on the night before the fiesta day. This year’s competition will be held on Saturday, May 31, 2014, at Jose Rizal Community Center. The start time will depend on the number of contestants but usually around 5 pm. It will be announced at a later date.The coronation will be held as soon as the scores have been tallied after the competition and winners have been determined.
I. General Requirements to be a Contestant:
1. Must possess at least 25% Filipino ancestry
2. Must have a pleasing personality
3. Must be willing to perform a talent act for the talent competition
4. Must be single, never been married and does not have any children
II. Categories and age requirement:
1. Little Miss Fiesta Filipina-5 to 10 years old
2. Little Mr. Fiesta Filipino-5 to 10 years old
3. Miss Young Fiesta Filipina-12 to 15 years old
4. Mr. Young Fiesta Filipino-12 to 15 years old
5. Miss Fiesta Filipina-16 to 25 years old
6. Mr. Fiesta Filipino-16 to 25 years old
III. Selection Process:The selection process of the winner is based on the combined percentages of each contestant’s fund-raising contributions and the Board of Judges’ accumulated scores on 4 levels of competition as follows:
1.40% – Total financial contributions through solicitation of advertisements, sponsors, and sale of show tickets
2. 60% – Judges accumulates scores on the following levels of competition:
d. Evening gown/Formal wear
IV. Titles at Stake:
1. The Major Titles are: Little Miss Fiesta Filipina, Little Mr. Fiesta Filipino, Miss Young Fiesta Filipina, Mr. Young Fiesta Filipino, Miss Fiesta Filipina and Mr. Fiesta Filipino.
2. The Secondary Titles are: Miss/Mr. Photogenic, Miss/Mr. Congeniality, Miss/Mr. Talent, Miss/Mr. Charity, andBest in Formal Wear.
V. Winners:The contestants winning the major titles will receive $200 cash and prizes such as tiaras, trophies, sashes, and bouquets. The winners of the Secondary Titles will receive trophies and sashes. All the other contestants will also receive tiaras, trophies, sashes, and bouquets.
VI. Costume Requirements:
1. A dressy casual wear for the Introduction and Casual Interview
2. A Talent costume for the Talent competition
3. A floor length evening gown for the Best in Long Gown competition and Formal Wear for male contestants.
VII. Important Deadlines for the submission of:
1. Pageant application – 5 pm,Saturday, May 16, 2014. With the application, submit a head-shot and full body-shot colored picture for the Miss and Mr. Photogenic competitions and for promotional and publicity purposes.
2. Souvenir program ads – 5 pm, Wednesday, May 21, 2014. Only paid ads will be included in the scoring and in the souvenir program.
3. Monetary votes other than the souvenir program ads – 12 noon, Saturday, May 31, 2014. No monetary votes will be accepted after 12 noon. No personal checks will be accepted after May 26, 2014.
Contact Information: Please mail applications or any correspondence regarding the Pageant to:
PO Box 583032, Elk Grove, CA 95758;
ATTN: Pageant Committee;
or call any of the following:
Mina Guerra – (917) 691-3556(917) 691-3556
Mercy Guerrero – (916) 266-1923(916) 266-1923
Margie Pasalo – (916) 606-7179(916) 606-7179
Aida Azurin – (916) 616-1040(916) 616-1040